Within the University Hospital of Psychiatry, research and teaching are integral parts of the daily work. The research division comprise infrastructure, technologies and methods and the scientific foundation for clinical studies, which are translated into clinical research projects with the aim to develop new and innovative treatment strategies for patients with neuropsychiatric disorders.
The center has intensive contacts, exchange and co-operations with research groups both nationally and internationally and offers visiting researchers from various countries the possibility to improve and develop their practical and theoretical scientific competences and to pursue an academic career. The ultimate aim of our research is to foster the health and quality of life of our patients. Education and research in our hospital also provides a creative, knowledgeable and competent environment in daily routine which allows to keep patient care at the state of science and forefront of clinical treatment. Simultaneously we provide our young academics with an attractive, stimulating and multilayered scientific environment and an optimal mentoring for pursuing their academic aims in an internationally competitive area.
The framework for a modern, academic competence and excellence center is completed by a wide variety of activities in psychiatric teaching, advanced training and continuous education.
- Division of systems neuroscience of psychopathology
- Division of molecular psychiatry
- Division of clinical research
- Division of clinical research support
- Neurobiology of psychiatric disorders
- Systems neuroscience of psychopathology
- Molecular psychiatry
- Development of neurobiological based novel treatment strategies in psychiatry
- Translational research regarding etiology, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment (e.g psychotherapy) of neuropsychiatric disorders
- Psychiatric neuroimaging and electrophysiology
|Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Dierks||Prof. Dr. phil. nat. Andrea Federspiel|