The ARTORG Center of Biomedical Engineering Researc h comprises seven research groups working on the translation of novel technologies toward clinical application. In the context of MR imaging this includes research on the following topics:
- Clinical image-based tools for surgical navigation and interventional planning for visceral surgery, CI implantation, etc.
- Computer models for diagnostic prediction and interventional planning for cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases
- In vivo blood flow measurement with Phase Contrast MRI
- Fabrication of patient-specific organ models and vascular structures for the study of cardiovascular diseases and congenital heart defects
- Functional MR imaging of cerebral metabolic processes and blood perfusion
- Neuroimaging for stroke and dementia patients
- Machine learning and image analysis for pattern recognition and computerized diagnosis of lung diseases
- Prof. S. Weber, Image-Guided Therapy (IGT)
- Prof. O. Guenat, Organs-on-Chip Technologies (OOC)
- Prof. T. Nef, Gerontechnology and Rehabilitation (GER)
- Prof. D. Obrist, Cardiovascular Engineering (CVE)
- PD Dr. S. Mougiakakou, Diabetes Technology (DTR)
- Dr. N. Gerber, Artificial Hearing Research (AHR)
- Dr. R. Sznitman, Ophtalmic Technology Laboratory (OTL)
- Biomedical Engineering centered around specific organs and their diseases.
- Translational research on novel medical devices and implants, diagnostic and therapeutic strategies, simulation of biological and physiological processes, nanotechnology.
|Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Weber|